Monday, September 14, 2009

Bigfoot Photographed in Fairdale?


Kenny Mahoney of Fairdale, KY, has inadvertently snapped a mysterious photograph that some people believe is a Bigfoot-type cryptid.

Mahoney operates a motion-detecting hunting camera, which usually picks up mundane critters such as deer, rabbits and possums. But recently his camera took a strange image that appears to be a gorilla, or something like one.

Hate to be a spoilsport, but the longer I stare at the image, the more it seems to me that the two blurry blobs that look like arms are actually large birds, and the blurry blob that appears to be its head and torso is just the general background of the dark woods. I'd like to see what other photos without the alleged Bigfoot, taken in this exact same spot, look like.

On the other hand, if there was a place where a Kentucky Bigfoot could thrive, it would indeed be near Fairdale, which is a community just a couple miles East of Penile. Check a map, and you'll see that inside the triangle formed by Fairdale, Kosmosdale, and Shepherdsville, there's a vast expanse of wilderness with very little civilization going on.


On the other hand, the Fairdale Bigfoot has a Facebook and a Twitter, so he must be real, right?

3 comments:

DH said...

Yes...it's more BigBIRD than Bigfoot...much to MY chagrin. I hike out at Jefferson Memorial forest a lot, which is in Fairdale. Being the bigfoot buff that I am I just don't see a Bigfoot trolling around through here. Mind you, I have found stick formations at the Scott's Gap section of the Forest but I just think it's surrounded by too much residential property. There was a reported sighting on the BFRO website from two joggers on Bearcamp road a long time ago. I just think there'd be more sightings, especially if this was a migratory area for them...folks would see B'foot passing through all the time.

Heather said...

Love Big Foot stuff! Makes me want to go search those Kentucky woods myself!

D Boone said...

I've been sitting in this tree stand for the better part of a week and no bigfoot pelt yet. I may move over to mitchell hill. I'll keep y'll posted.

D. Boone of coral ridge