Monday, May 26, 2008

Flint Road Ghost, Waco

In the late 1970s, I lived on this farm in the rural community of Waco, on Flint Road.

At that time, there had been a fence separating the front area of the farm from the second part, which was essentially a huge field. I often leaned on the gate and stared out across the field towards the woods in the distance, lost in thought.

On a brightly moonlit evening I was staring out at the field when I saw a male figure dressed in shabby coat and hat ambling across the adjacent Botner Farm to the right. He then climbed the fence and began traipsing across our property. This was no big deal, as there were always assorted bums and yokels taking shortcuts across our property. I watched him get to almost exactly the halfway point across the field, then I glanced away for just a mere second.

And he was gone.

I stood there for what seemed like an eternity, staring at the empty field. Freshly cut with no tall weeds to hide in. No holes or ditches he could be laying in. Just a plain empty field that had a man on it one second, then nothing the next.

This, more than anything else in my life, proved to me that things are not always what they seem, and that paranormal things do occur.

The picture above shows the fence at the point the man climbed over it from Botner's property. This was taken from the farmhouse side where I was originally observed him while facing the woods. The picture below was taken facing the other direction, looking back towards the house, and showing the exact spot where the ghostly figure vanished.

No comments: